Friday, December 08, 2006

the landlord

There is another dimension of my life I don't talk about much because
it isn't always fun, but I am a landlord. This past week consisted of a
few landlord moments. I had to replace a dishwasher in one unit and
a bad shower in another...not the shower, but the plumbing needed to be
fixed. While I was over there, I did get to catch up with my tenants. I do
enjoy my tenants there. They are a lot of fun and a good mix of people.
Most are either recent post grads or grads finishing up. Overall, there
are a bunch of smart people and some very handy people too.
I did hear a good story from a neighbor of something that happened in
their house. The drains weren't going down well and one day they opened
the basement door only to find a very fowl smell. The sewage had been
backing up due to a tree root in the front yard. I can't even imagine and don't
want to imagine the smells!!

No comments: